Colorado 2006 Events
October 19, 2006 designated Conflict Resolution Day by gubernatorial proclamation.
October 19, 2006: The Reality of Conflict: When Does Push Come to Shove?
University of Denver
Sturm Hall, Room 151
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Social/Cocktail Hour
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Panel Presentation & Audience Q&A
- Melodye Feldman, Executive Director of Seeking Common Ground
- Patricia Whitehouse, KUSA/KTVD Human Resources Manager
- Grace Sage, US Department of Justice Conciliation Specialist
- Akbarali Thobhani, Metro State Professor, African and Middle Eastern Studies
- Randall Huntsberry, Author of Listening Out Loud: The Leadership Paradox
For more information, contact Maureen Coghlan at CMSWADE@aol.com or (303) 690-3932.
Also in honor of Conflict Resolution Day:
- KGNU, a Denver/Boulder radio station, will host a morning radio show on conflict resolution.
- There will be Conflict Resolution Day information displays in the Jefferson County Administration and Courts Building and the Wellington Webb Municipal Office Building (Denver Government). Displays will include Peace Quilts from Seeking Common Ground.
Conflict Resolution Day 2006 endorsements in Colorado:
Arvada Mayor Ken Fellman, Richard Rosenthal, Director, Office of the Independent Monitor; Dr. Robert Coombe, Denver University Chancellor; Father Michael J. Sheeran, Regis University President; Tom Quinn, Division of Probation Services, Office of the State Court Administrator; Aurora Mental Health Center; Colorado Council of Mediators
Colorado Conflict Resolution Day Committee 2006:
Colorado Council of Mediators * Colorado Management & Mediation Specialists * Community Mediation Concepts – Denver Juvenile Probation * University of Colorado @ Denver Health Sciences Center Ombuds Office * University of Denver Conflict Resolution Institute * The Conflict Center * The Roberta J. Steinhardt Memorial Fund * Zinn Mediation Association