There are many incredible resources available for people who are interested in inspiring constructive problem solving! Check out the links below to find out more.
Developed by Conflict Resolution Month in Colorado Synergizers, this collection of daily practices will support you in your journey toward solving problems more productively!
- Resources for Practitioners and College Students
- Resources for Educators
- Resources for Adults
- Resources for Children and Youth
- Resources for the Workplace
TIPS FOR CONFLICT RESOLUTION
CONFLICT RESOLUTION CHOICES YOU CAN MAKE!
Courtesy of Zinn Mediation Associates: www.zinnmediation.com
Reduce your stress level
Choose ways of working with others to find solutions, making everyone a winner
Watch people’s reactions to as you talk to or listen to them
Keep your communications, especially emails, friendly and productive
Count to ten before you speak or respond to frustrating situations
Offer at least ten genuine compliments to other people in one day
Tell others about your successes in creating win-win endings
Read about handling conflict and anger at The Conflict Center
Celebrate your productive and nonviolent choices.
CREATIVE CONFLICT: TEN TIPS
Courtesy of the Conflict Center: www.Conflictcenter.org
- Respect everyone’s ideas and needs
- Turn problems into possibilities
- Listen so people will talk and talk so people will listen
- Focus on the problem, not the person
- Build “power with” not “power over” others
- Express feeling without blaming others
- Own your part of the conflict
- Strategize to reach mutually agreeable solutions
- Create options … one way always creates losers
- Solve the problem and build the relationship