Below are resources for adults including practitioners, college students, and any adult who is interested in learning more about conflict resolution:
- http://www.acrnet.org Association for Conflict Resolution, an international organization for mediators and other CR supporters.
- http://www.iap2.org International Association for Public Participation, an international organization offering training and tools for public processes.
- http://www.coloradomediation.org Mediation Association of Colorado, theMAC, the state’s mediation membership organization.
- http://www.mediate.com A resource for mediators.
- http://www.nafcm.org National Association for Community Mediation, a membership organization.
- http://www.restorativejustice.org A resource for Restorative Justice.
- http://www.ncdd.org National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation, a membership organization.
- Fisher and Ury’s Getting to Yes
- Isenhart and Spangle’s Collaborative Approaches to Resolving Conflict
- Lederach’s Building Peace: sustainable reconciliation in divided societies
- Lederach’s Moral Imagination
- Lederach’s Preparing for Peace
- Barnett Rubin’s Blood on the Doorstep, published by the Center for Preventive Action
- Howard Zehr’s Little Book of Restorative Justice
- Peter Ackerman and Jack Duvall’s A Force More Powerful (see also the PBS video by the same title)
- Mark Juergensmeyer’s Gandhi’s Way: a handbook of conflict resolution
- Sandy Tolan’s The Lemon Tree
- Getting to Peace (AKA: The 3rd Side) — William Ury
- Forgiveness: How to make peace with your past and get on with your life — Dr. Sidney B. Simon
- Getting to Yes — Roger Fisher, William Ury, and Bruce Patton
- The Magic of Conflict — Tom Crum
- Boal, A. (1985). Theatre of the Oppressed (McBride, C. A., & McBride, M.-O. L.,Trans.). New York: Theatre Communications Group. (Original work published 1974).
- Bohm, D. (1996). On Dialogue. New York: Routledge.
- Buber, M. (1970). I and Thou (W. Kaufmann, Trans.). New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons. (Translated from manuscript.)
- Bush, R.A.B., & Folger, J.P. (2005). The Promise of Mediation: The transformative approach to conflict. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Dukes, E. F. (1996). Resolving Public Conflict: Transforming Community and Governance. New York: Manchester University Press.
- Kolb, D. M. (2001). When talk works: Profiles of Mediators. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Kriesberg, L. (2003). Constructive Conflicts: From Escalation to Resolution. Boulder, Colorado: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Lang, M.D., & Taylor, A. (2000). The Making of a Mediator. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Mayer, B. (2000). The Dynamics of Conflict Resolution: A Practitioner’s Guide. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Moore, C. (2003). The Mediation Process: Practical Strategies for Resolving Conflict. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Schuman, S. (Ed.). (2005). The IAF Handbook of Group Facilitation. San Francisco: Jossey‑Bass.
- Winslade, J., & Monk, G. (2000). Narrative Mediation: A New Approach to Conflict Resolution. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Tough Guise — Katz & Earp
- Long Night’s Journey into Day (a documentary on Restorative Justice in South Africa)